Going on an RV adventure is very exciting. It is an opportunity to discover new places, get closer to nature, and have a relaxing time away from all the stress in the city.However, packing all the things you need for an RV trip can become overwhelming. In order to travel safely and comfortably in an RV, there are must-have items that you need. Some of these are items for RV travel, camping, cooking, and even internet connections.
If you are planning to go on an RV trip soon with your family or friends and you haven’t finalized yet the things you need to bring, we are happy to help you. Here are some of the important items we can recommend for all types of RV and RV trips, including a motorhome, travel trailer, fifth wheel, and other types of RV living and camping.
RV Accessories You Must-Have
These are the most important RV accessory that you need right away before you go on a trip. These are all needed either when you are planning to go on a full-time RVing or just for a weekend camping.
- Drinking Water Hose: It is important to have a clean and ready-to-use drinking water hose that you can hook up to your freshwater tank. This will help you have clean water to drink while on the road.
- Surge Protector and EMS:When going on an RV trip, it is also important to have a surge protector and EMS. This can protect your RV from over and under-voltage. It automatically shuts off your power to save the electrical system of your RV. You need to know whether your RV needs a 30 Amp surge protector or a 50 Amp surge protector.
- Sewer Hose: Another essential RV accessory you should not forget is a sewer hose. It is essential to bring 15 to 20 feet of sewer hose because some connections can be a bit far. You can also have a clear sewer connector for you to know if it’s done when you are dumping the tanks. Disposable gloves will also come in handy when touching any sewer hose or connections.
- Leveling Blocks: Leveling blocks are very useful when going on an RV trip, especially when you park on a site that is not level enough. You can just simply put them down and drive up on them so the tires of your RV won’t be dangling.
RV Gadgets You Need to Have
Before you travel in your RV, here are some of the best gadgets that you must have. You will be able to make it a day or two without these things, but if you are planning for a longer trip, then you might need these items.
- RV Generator: If your RV does not have an onboard generator, then you might want to bring one as well. A generator is one of the must-have items you need if you plan to go on a longer trip or camp for a few days.
- Air Compressor: An air compressor is important, so you won’t have to worry about dealing with a flat tire. With it, you will be able to check the tires of your RV before, and every time you go on an RV trip.
- Two-Way Radios: Having two-way radios is also essential for any RV trip, especially if you will be going to the mountains or places that have no cellular service. You can use it to call one another or call for help in case of an emergency.
- RV GPS: If you are a newbie when it comes to RV trips, then a GPS will be useful for you. It can suggest routes based on your inputs like height, length, and towing. You can also use it to avoid going through tight areas and low bridges.
RV Kitchen Accessories to Bring
Food is one of the most important things to have when going on an RV trip. Since an RV is like a moving home, it means that you can prepare food in it because it has a kitchen. If you plan to spend some time cooking in your RV, then here are some of the best kitchen accessories you must have.
- Kitchen Knife Set: Knives are important when preparing foods to cook. Therefore, bringing a good set of sharp knives is essential when going on an RV trip. But to be safe, try to bring a set of knives with covers.
- Instant Pot:If you bring an instant pot, then you’ll be able to prepare meals much easier. You can use it to boil eggs and as well as cook rice, soups, stew, and more.
- Cast Iron Skillet:A cast iron skillet is also handy on an RV trip. You can use it in cooking lots of foods because it can be used over a fire, on the stovetop, and even in the oven.
- Coffee Maker:You can also bring a coffee maker in your RV so you all can enjoy a hot cup of coffee anywhere you go.
Essential Items for RV Camping
If you are going on an RV camping trip, then here are some of the best things that you need to have.
- Grill: A grill is a must-have when RV camping because it can help you cook foods easily. You can choose a portable grill that you can place anywhere and can be stored with no trouble. Don’t forget to bring grilling utensils, as well.
- A Folding Table:A folding table can come in handy when RV camping because you can use it as a work table or for eating outside as well.
- Portable Chairs: Bringing some portable chairs is also essential so that you can relax comfortably outside your RV when camping.
- Camping Hammock: If you want to have the ultimate relaxation outside of your RV, then bringing a camping hammock is also great.
Accessories for Your Gadgets
If you plan to bring your gadgets with you, like your laptops and smartphones, then you might need to have an internet connection, as well. Here are some of the items that might help you stay connected even when you are on an RV trip.
- Signal Booster: A signal booster is a helpful device for you to stay connected to the internet, even in places with weak signals. If you will be going to remote places, having a signal booster in your RV might be essential.
- Hot Spot Antenna: A hot spot antenna can also help in increasing the range of signals while driving. You can simply connect it to your cellular hot spot to boost the signal.
- Power Bank:It is also important to bring a power bank on your RV trip because it can help in charging your cellphones and laptops when there’s no other access to power.
These are the essential items we can recommend for any RV trip. There are many more items you can bring that we did not include here because they depend on your personal preferences, such as toiletries, foods, clothing, and outdoor fun gear. But with the items we shared, you can surely survive and enjoy days of RVing.